Julie Schatz, CFP®, Partner
My Experience with a Financial Planner
My husband and I sought out a financial planner for the first time after getting married in the mid 90s. My husband’s family and my family handle money quite a bit differently. I felt it was important for the two of us to get on the same page and work together toward our goals. We signed up with one of the big financial institutions which was a good experience and helped us get on track. Along the way though, I identified a couple of shortcomings of these “big company” services:
- Generally, more costly in-house mutual funds and/or front-end loaded mutual funds were recommended over other funds because the commissions and fees were better for the company, not necessarily better for me, the investor.
- The portfolio they designed for us was more risky than necessary and yet our investment returns did not compensate us for this extra risk.
My Commitment to You
I enjoy people! I am passionate about helping you become a good steward of your assets and become at ease with all aspects of your financial life. I use my skills, experience and dedication to provide you highly personalized advice with the utmost level of quality and integrity.
I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. Unlike many other acronyms used in the financial services business, the CFP® is the most highly regarded. I also continuously improve and update my skills through additional coursework and monthly professional meetings throughout the year. Prior to becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, I obtained a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Notre Dame and worked for over 20 years; first as a Field Engineer then later in Technical Sales for various chemical companies.
I specialize in tax planning and am a member of:
- Financial Planning Association, Board of Directors for the FPA of Silicon Valley (2010-2011)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), a nationwide association of comprehensive, Fee-Only financial planners
- Valley Finance Forum
- PridePlanners™ Association - catering to the needs of non-traditional families
- Financial Planning Forum in the Palo Alto and Menlo Park area
I live in San Jose with my wonderful husband, Pete, and our 16-year-old twins, Anna and Jim.
If you like what you’ve read and would like to learn more, please contact me to begin the conversation.
866.966.9291 x2 : : email@example.com
CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP with flame logo are marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.